Kings Canyon – Watarrka National Park Day Tour
At A Glance
Tour Duration. Full Day
- Before arriving for Breakfast, you’ll see the morning sunrise across the vast desert plains
- Watarrka National Park
- When you reach the top of the Canyon (the first 500 steps)
- Seeing the Canyon Walls from above for the first time
- Cotterals Lookout
- Garden of Eden
- Fossil ocean floors
- Southern side on the way down enjoying the views of Kestral’s Lookout
- Seeing the salt lakes – Lake Amadeus (Pitjantjatjara: Pantu) and Mt Conner – Atila on our return trip home
Before even arriving at Kings Canyon, (from Ayres Rock Resort) your experienced local guide will take you on a truly outback adventure through cattle stations, desert plains and rocky mountain escarpments. Arriving in time for outback toasties and a billy tea breakfast.
Scaling the towering Kings Canyon enjoy the vistas across Watarrka National Park. It is as if you are in a helicopter.
Your guide will take you on a journey through the multitude of landscapes, the canyon rim; petrified sand dunes; the lost city; fossils from some of the earliest life forms; discussing plants, animals and explaining where the water is hidden. Sit at Cotterals Lookout and meditate on Central Australia’s beauty. Marvel at the prehistoric ocean floors frozen in time, and descend into the garden of Eden, where ancient cycads are just one of over 600 plant species within the Park.
Visually spectacular, emotionally breathtaking.
Relax with lunch at Kings Creek station, famous for their camel burgers, great coffee and outback hospitality. Returning home we travel through Angus Downs station, Curtin Springs and see the salt lakes – Lake Amadeus (Pitjantjatjara: Pantu) and Mt Conner – Atila before arriving back at Ayres Rock Resort where we began 12 hours before, returning to your hotel in time for dinner.